Consultation and responding to feedback
Amendments to the proposals
Following a first phase of public consultation with the local community in 2021, the previous owner of the site Labtech made a series of substantial changes to the proposals in response to feedback. These changes, which were submitted as amendments to the existing planning application in September 2022 by Simten on behalf of BC Partners, are summarised below.
RESTORING THE HISTORIC SHOP FRONTS ON NEW OXFORD STREET
While the historic facades of the New Oxford Street buildings are still intact, they are in poor condition and require repair and renovation. The shop fronts are currently in disrepair and misaligned to neighbouring properties, resulting in an uninviting frontage to the street.
For the New Oxford Street side of the West Central Street buildings we are proposing to:
1. Upgrade the shop fronts to consolidate with neighbouring frontages.
2. New windows proposed to match the historic style
3. 35-37 New Oxford Street façade repaired and repainted to a heritage colour. Unmatching windows replaced with matching.
4. A new attic storey to 39-41 New Oxford Street façade, stepped back and pitched to maintain the character of the building and the historic cornice.
5. Single storey addition to 35- 37 New Oxford Street.